Sunday, February 21, 2010

What a weekend!

I spent most of last week in Memphis for my company's annual leadership conference, and boy was I excited to get home! Friday night, we got together with a few friends and went bowling, something none of us are particularly good at and not really the kind of activity I would typically bring Owen along for. He was really anxious to give it a whirl, and he did about as good as you could expect a 4 year old to do, considering we didn't use the lane bumpers! We figured out that "granny style" was his best approach...


The only problem was that by the time his ball made it down the lane, it was going so slow that it would enter the ball return without resetting the pins. On average, it took four rolls per frame on Owen's turns, which was slowing us down considerably. Since we were on a schedule (thanks to Owen's bedtime and the upcoming league reservations), after about 5 frames like this, I wound up rolling Owen's turns to get us out on time. He had a ball, though. Each time he took a turn, he would run back to us in the seating area and just laugh hysterically as he watch his ball putt down the lane. I love that he is so willing to try new things, and almost always with a very cheerful attitude!

This weekend, Mother Nature decided to give us a nice break from the frigid weather we've had lately and give us a little sneak peak of what spring has in store for us. We enjoyed 2 days for crystal blue skies and 65 degree temperatures. Owen and I spent some mommy/son time on a picnic together at Shelby Park this afternoon. Although he was more interested in playing with sticks than actually eating, it was so nice to spend some sweet time with my #1 son on such a beautiful day.

Of course, we knew this was too good to last...as I write this, I am listening to a steady rain shower outside, and temperatures are expected to dip back down this week. But we sure did enjoy it while it lasted!


No comments: