Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mississippi Christmas

Despite all the traveling we did during my maternity leave, the one place we didn't make it to was McComb. Somehow, I wound up going almost an entire year without going home. Talk about a major case of homesickness! Richie had to fly back to California to finish out the Sing 0ff, and I figured the time was perfect for the boys and me to head south to the farm. Ben, meet Mississippi!

No trip home is complete without a ride on the mule, even if it is freezing outside!

Uncle Minor getting a little workout doing some heavy lifting...

Ben's first time to check the cows - Owen loved everything except the smell :)


We had such a wonderful time with my parents and my brother. I got to see some of my oldest and dearest friends, Paula and Audrey. We ate some delicious meals and went to Pop's store Christmas lunch. We even opened our stockings and got some early Christmas happies! Although I had been nervous to travel so far by myself with the boys (and our dog Barrett!), the trip went better than I had hoped - we made it there and back just fine and in very good time each way. Thank you, Gran, Pop, and Uncle Minor, for a very special visit to my favorite place on earth!


No comments: