Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Just the three of us...

Last Sunday, Richie flew to L.A. to work with his new music project, Street Corner Symphony. I've had mixed emotions about this for a while now. On one hand, the opportunity he has with SCS is truly once in a lifetime. It's something that we are excited to share publicly later on when the time is right. But suffice it to say, it would have been impossible for me to ask him not to pursue this. On the other hand, the thought of being in Nashville, away from family, alone with a 4.5 year old and a 6 week old for over a month was extremely daunting. How would I deal with the demands of running a household for so long by myself, on top of the physical and emotional strain of missing my husband?

Well, we're only a few days in, and I am feeling really optimistic! So what have we been up to?
Soaking up some rays...
Enjoying Ben as he learns and grows...
Hanging out with our best pals...

Tomorrow, Gi Gi will be arriving, and I think we will all appreciate having another adult in the house! We have a fun couple of weeks planned, including a trip to South Carolina. I think it's safe to say that, despite things not being exactly as I had envisioned them 9 months ago, this is shaping up to be one heck of a maternity leave!

No comments: