Saturday, August 28, 2010

Month 2


Our sweet Ben is two months old today...it is just unbelievable how fast time passes! I thought it would be fun to start a running comparison of Ben's stats compared to Owen's. Here goes:
Owen at Birth: 7 lbs 12 oz, 20"
Ben at Birth: 8 lbs 9 oz, 21"
Owen at 1 Month: 9 lbs 5 oz, 22"
Ben at 1 Month: 10 lbs 5.5 oz, 22"
Owen at 2 Months: 12 lbs 14 oz, 24.5"
Ben at 2 Months: 13 lbs 1.5 oz, 24"
He is sleeping soundly through the night for an average of 7-8 hours, with the occasional 10 hour night thrown in here and there. He is breastfeeding like a champ but has decided he doesn't like taking formula. I'm not too concerned about it at this point, as we already have a small stash of pumped milk in the freezer. He loves to look at and hold his hands and he sucks on his fingers sometimes when he's hungry. He also gives big crooked Elvis smiles when he's happy and coos when he gets excited. I love that he recognizes my face and voice now-he will turn his head to find me and smile when he sees me. What a heartwarming sight that is! We've been trying tummy time, but he usually falls asleep. Guess he's just not in any hurry to roll over. If I had the option to take a nap or work out, I'd choose the nap too, I think! He still has fuzzy auburn hair, dark blue eyes, and huge chubby cheeks. In other words, he's GORGEOUS! :) Ben's second month has been full of travel and time with family. He has been such a beautiful addition to our lives, and he makes every day sweeter than the day before.

2 comments:

Mark, Genny, and Aivia Lindsey said...

Sweet! sweet!

Callie said...

what a great idea! I'm stealing it. :) Ben is adorable and I can not wait for him to meet his future wife. ;) love you!