Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, Richie!

Yesterday was Richie's 35th birthday! We actually celebrated as a family on Monday night, a day early, because I had a little surprise up my sleeve. The night started with homemade lasagna and peanut butter pie!




Then we moved to the presents! I gave him new shoes, Ben gave him some beef jerkey, and Owen made him a sweet birthday card...
"Happy Birthday, Dadby"
...and got him a camoflauge hat with lights in it, just like Pop and Uncle Minor have!


Tuesday morning, I surprised Richie by telling him I had the day off work! We took the boys to daycare anyway so that we could spend the day together. First we met Jeremy at Marche for a delicious breakfast. Then we headed to the shoe store to exchange the shoes I got Richie for some boots instead. Afterwards, we caught a matinee of True Grit and ate a late lunch with Jeremy and Tiffany at Burger Up. The fun didn't stop there, though! That night, Mrs. Paula came to keep the boys, and we had yet another kid-free meal...three in one day! We finished off the day with a stop at No. 308, an awesome new bar that some friends of ours recently opened.
I headed home around 11 to relieve Mrs. Paula and get ready for work today, but Richie's fun lasted on into the night...

What a rare and wonderful treat to get to spend so much time together! Richie seemed to enjoy all the birthday attention. :)
Happy Birthday, babe...you're older than me, but I love you anyway!

No comments: